Delicious fast food.
Approach the clafoutis batter as if you're making waffles! It's no more complicated than that.
½ cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons butter, melted
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup whole milk
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and butter until the sugar is dissolved. Add the flour and whisk until smooth. Pour the batter into a cast iron skillet or pie pan.
2. Now add your favorite fruit or flavoring (see below). Bake until the clafoutis is beautifully puffed and golden, 35–40 minutes. Serve immediately.
* Concord Grape Clafoutis: Once the batter is in the skillet, scatter 2 cups slightly crushed Concord or other black or red grapes on top.
* Cherry Clafoutis: Scatter 2 cups pitted cherries onto the batter once it's poured into pie plates.
* Pear Clafoutis with Pear Eau de Vie: Core 1 ripe pear and cut into pieces. Pour the batter into the skillet and top with the pear pieces. Bake. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons eau de vie and serve immediately.
Leave this field blank: